How to Apply:
Sprinkle Preen Natural Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer evenly over the entire soil surface, at the rate of 5 lbs. per 250 sq. ft. If you choose, you can use twice the recommended rate for even better control with no fear of burning your plants. Rake lightly into the soil then immediately water the top 1 – 2 inches of soil to activate the product.
Afterwards, do not water for at least 2 – 3 days. If excessive rain occurs, reapplication may be necessary.
When to Apply:
Apply Preen Natural Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer anytime during the growing season around established vegetables, herbs, and fruits. Since this product does not kill existing weeds, you must first remove any that have already begun to grow. By applying Preen Natural Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer as early as possible, you can eliminate the need for hand weeding. Reapply every 4 – 6 weeks.
Since Preen Natural Vegetable Garden Weed Preventer only inhibits sprouting seeds, it can be used with confidence around established plants. However, do not apply on newly seeded areas. When your vegetable sprouts have true leaves and are 2 – 3 inches tall, it is safe to apply this product even up to the day of harvest.
This is not the product label. Always read and follow directions on the product label. Use only as directed.
- annual bluegrass (Poa annua), Bermudagrass (Cynodon), black medic (Medicago lupulina), black nightshade (Solanum nigrum), buckhorn plantain (Plantago lanceolata), catchweed bedstraw (Galium aparine)
- clover (Trifolium), reeping bentgrass (Agrostis stolonifera), curly dock (Rumex crispus), dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- giant foxtail (Setaria faberi), green foxtail (Setaria viridis), lambsquarters (Chenopodium album), large crabgrass (Digitaria sanguinalis), orchardgrass (Dactylis glomerata), purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- redroot pigweed (Amaranthus retroflexus), smooth crabgrass (Digitaria ischaemum), wild cane (Sorghum bicolor)
- woolly cupgrass (Eriochloa villosa), yellow foxtail (Setaria glauca)