Jonathan Green’s Crabgrass Preventer plus Green-Up Lawn Fertilizer feeds the lawn for up to three full months and provides pre-emergent control of crabgrass. When applied prior to germination it controls other weeds such as goosegrass, dallisgrass, chickweed, henbit, and oxalis.
This product contains an advanced herbicide known as Dimension® that provides postemergence control, meaning it will kill existing weeds, such as crabgrass, even after they germinate. Postemergence control is limited to crabgrass and is effective for up to four weeks post-germination. It will only kill the plant up to the 3-leaf stage of growth; a fully mature crabgrass plant has 7-leaves.
When to Apply:
- Apply in the spring prior to germination of crabgrass and other grassy weeds.
- Best time to apply is from late February through mid-May depending on region.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Do not apply when seeding or under newly laid sod.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation, but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 50 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: No
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 50° – 75°F
When to Use: Spring or early fall