On all herbs and vegetables such as:
Hardy (cool season) crops:
Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Collards, English peas, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mustard greens, Parsley, Radish, Spinach, Turnip
Semi-hardy crops for early spring or fall:
Beets, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery, Chinese cabbage, Endive, Irish potatoes, Lettuce, Radicchio, Rutabaga, Salsify, Swiss chard
Summer crops (Plant after danger of frost):
Beans, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Melons, Okra, Peppers, Pumpkins, Summer squash, Sweet potatoes, Tomatoes
- Mix into the garden soil prior to planting.
- Seedlings / Transplants: 7 – 10 days after planting.
- Established plants: Monthly, May through Aug.
- Herbs will only require feeding at time of planting or after a large harvest.
How much to use:
Soil Preparation for Vegetable Garden
- Apply 3.5 lbs. per 50 square feet and work into the top 4 to 5 inches of soil. When possible, mix with organic matter such as compost, humus, or peat moss.
- Feeding Vegetables and Tomatoes
- Single plants: Apply up to 1/3 cup per plant.
- Rows: Apply 1-1/3 cup each side per 5 ft. of row or 10 lbs. each side per 100 ft. of row.
- Potted Plants
- New Plants: When preparing soil for new plants, thoroughly mix 2 cups of Garden-tone into each cubic foot of Potting Soil.
- Established Plants: Sprinkle 1.5 tsp. of Garden-tone per 4″ of pot diameter onto the soil along the outer edge of the pot. Water thoroughly.
- In the garden – use 1 tbsp. per plant
- In containers – Use half the rate for potted plants above.
How to apply:
- Individual plants – Sprinkle around the drip line of the plant.
- Row crops – sprinkle evenly on each side of row.
- Do not allow plant food to contact the main stem or foliage of the plant.
Available in 4, 8, 18, and 36 lb. sizes.
1 pound equals approx. 3 cups.