For everything you plant. Use when planting all flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs.
When to use:
- Use at time of planting to help produce large root systems very quickly. This will help ensure that new plantings get maximum water and nutrients from the soil to minimize transplant loss.
How much to use:
- Flower Beds: Mix 4 lbs. (12 cups) per 100 square feet into the top 4” to 6” of soil.
Bulbs: Place 1 tsp. per bulb in the hole prior to planting.
Potting Mixes: Mix 9 lbs. per cu. yd. or 1 cup per cu. ft.
New Lawns: Apply 25 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. prior to seeding or installing sod.Bio-tone Starter Plus Application Table:
Plant Size Cups Lbs. Up to Two Gallon 1 1/3 Five Gallon 2 2/3 Fifteen Gallon 4 1-1/3 24″ Ball 6 2 36″ Ball 24 8 48″ Ball 30 10
How to apply:
- Planting Beds: Mix into the top 4-6″ of soil prior to planting.
- Trees & Shrubs: Mix into the soil used to backfill the planting hole.
- Potting Mixes: Mix thoroughly into the soil mix prior to planting.
Available in 4, 8, 18, & 25 lb. bags
1 pound equals approx. 3 cups.