Jonathan Green’s Crabgrass Preventer plus New Seeding Lawn Fertilizer feeds the lawn for two full months and hastens seed germination thanks to a new seeding fertilizer formula that is packed with phosphorus. Phosphorus is a key component in fertilizer analysis, because it helps new grass roots grow deep and strong.
This fertilizer contains Tupersan® herbicide which prevents crabgrass and other grassy weeds from germinating while allowing new grass seedlings to sprout without competition. Seed a new or existing lawn on the same day as spreading Crabgrass Preventer plus New Seeding Lawn Fertilizer.
When to Apply:
- Apply in the spring prior to germination of crabgrass and other grassy weeds.
- Best time to apply fertilizer is from mid-February through mid-April depending on region.
- Spread product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Safe to use on newly seeded or sodded lawns.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation, but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
Coverage: 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 50° – 75°F
When to Use: Spring or early fall